NIAF Joseph V. Del Raso, Chairman, and John M. Viola, President, issued the following statement:
“The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) extends its sincerest condolences to the victims and their families suffering from the recent earthquake that struck central Italy.
“Our hearts are broken by the death and destruction that is taking place in Accumoli and throughout the central region, including Lazio, Umbria and Le Marche. This tragic disaster has claimed the lives of innocent individuals, including families asleep in their homes. Words cannot convey our sense of loss for the victims. Our hearts and prayers are with them and the rescue workers who are frantically trying to save the remaining victims trapped under the rubble.
“The earthquake, with a magnitude of 6.2, has resulted in the death of 38 people so far, and leaving thousands homeless.
“As we have done in the past in response to these tragedies, NIAF and its leadership stand ready to offer help and support to the needs of our friends in Italy.”
- NIAF Mourns the Passing of Founding Member Pino Cicala
- Le perplessità sulla riforma della scuola italiana all’estero
- IV EDIZIONE DELL’ITALIAN FILM FESTIVAL DI VANCOUVER
- “Italia-Usa: cibo, lingua e cultura”: un progetto innovativo per promuovere la lingua italiana
- Ferrari S.p.A. Joins NIAF Efforts to Support Earthquake Victims in Italy