Call for Applications 2016
ISSNAF – Italian Scientists and Scholars in North America Foundation yearly presents awards to acknowledge the research of young Italian investigators working in North America, whose commitment to their discipline of study is innovative, potentially impactful and honors their country of origin.
ISSNAF Board of Trustees encourages all Italian early-stage researchers currently primarily working in the United States or Canada to submit their application and research abstract to compete for one of the following awards:
- ISSNAF Award for Young Investigators – Environmental Sciences, Astrophysics and Chemistry
- Hogan Lovells Award for Research in Medicine, Biosciences and Cognitive Science
- Paola Campese Award for Research on Leukemia
- Franco Strazzabosco Award for Young Engineers
- Annamaria Molteni Award for Mathematics and Physics
Each winner will receive a certificate and a monetary prize of $3,000. All finalists will receive a Travel Award.
- Proof of Italian Citizenship (Italian passport or ID card);
- Current affiliation with a research Institution in the United States or Canada;
- PhD or Medical Residency (whichever comes first) from no less than two years and no more than 10 years.
- A Review Board composed of international experts in the field will score all valid applications according to the candidates’ curricula (titles, positions, publications, grants, patents) and the scientific quality of the abstract (study design, methodology, discussion, significance, innovation)
- The best 5 (five) research summaries for each Award will be selected to be presented during the 2016 ISSNAF Annual Event on October 13th, 2016 at the Italian Embassy in Washington, DC. Finalists will present their research in oral or poster sessions.
- Both oral and poster presenters will be evaluated by the Award Jury, focusing in particular on the quality of their talk and on the presentations skills. The Award Jury will select the winners amongst the presenters and awards will be presented during a formal ceremony on the same day.
- The decisions of the Review Board and of the Jury are final.
- Applications must be completed only online at www.issnaf.org/awards.html
- Applications are composed of the online application form, the uploaded full CV and the uploaded research abstract. Applications must be completed following instructions provided online.
- Applications that are not completed according to instructions will not be considered. No paper applications or applications sent by e-mail will be accepted.
- All applications and presentations must be in English.
- All applications must be submitted by April 30, 2016 (23:59 PST)
- The Review Board will select finalists by June 30, 2016
Finalists presenting in Washington DC will be acknowledged with a travel award proportional to the distance of their Institution from Washington, DC:
- West Coast, British Columbia, Alberta: $350
- Mid West, Southern States, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec: $250
- US East Coast (over 250 miles): $100
- US East Coast (between 100-250 miles): $50
For more information about the application process write to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about ISSNAF and the awards go to www.issnaf.org