ISSNAF – Italian Scientists and Scholars in North America Foundation yearly presents awards to acknowledge the research of young Italian investigators working in North America, whose commitment to their discipline of study is innovative, potentially impactful and honors their country of origin.
ISSNAF Board of Trustees encourages all Italian early-stage researchers currently primarily working in the United States or Canada to submit their application and research abstract to compete for one of the following awards:
- ISSNAF Award for Young Investigators – Bio-Medicine and Cognitive Sciences
- ISSNAF Award for Young Investigators – Environmental Sciences
- ISSNAF Award for Young Investigators – Physics, Astrophysics, Chemistry, Mathematics
- Paola Campese Award for Research on Leukemias
- Franco Strazzabosco Award for Young Engineers
Each winner will receive the Medaglia di Rappresentanza del Presidente della Repubblica, a certificate and a monetary prize of $ 3,000. All finalists will receive a Travel Award.
- Italian origin
- Current affiliation with a research Institution in the United States or Canada
- PhD or Medical Residency (whichever comes first) from no less than two years and no more than 10 years
- A Review Board composed of international experts in the field will score all valid applications according to the candidates curricula (titles, positions, publications, grants, patents) and the scientific quality of the abstract (study design, methodology, discussion, significance, innovation).
- The best 7 research summaries for each Award will be selected to be presented during the 2014 ISSNAF Annual Event on October 21th, 2014 at the Italian Embassy in Washington, DC. Finalists will present their research in oral and poster sessions.
- Both oral and poster presenters will be evaluated by the Award Jury, focusing in particular on the quality of their talk and on the presentations skills. The Award Jury will select the winners amongst the presenters and awards will be presented during a formal ceremony on the same day.
- The decisions of the Review Board and of the Jury are final.
- Applications must be completed online at www.issnaf.org/awards.html
- Applicatons are composed of the online application form, the uploaded full CV and the uploaded research abstract. Applications must be completed following instructions provided online.
- Applications that are not completed according to instructions will not be considered. No paper applications or applications sent by e-mail will be accepted.
- All applications and presentations must be in English.
- All applications must be submitted by April 6, 2014 (23:59 PST)
- The Review Board will select finalists by May 30, 2013
All finalists presenting in Washington DC will be acknowledged with a travel award proportional to the distance of their Institution from Washington, DC
- West Coast, British Columbia, Alberta: $350
- Mid West, Southern States, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec: $250
- US East Coast (over 200 miles): $100
- US East Coast (under 250 miles): $50
For more information about the application process write to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about ISSNAF and the awards go to www.issnaf.org