NIAF will host its annual gala weekend from October 12-13, 2012, at the Washington Hilton in Washington, D.C. The Foundation’s 37th Anniversary Gala on Saturday evening will conclude two days of activities offering the best of Italy in Washington, D.C.
All conferences are free and open to the public, unless otherwise noted. Visit www.niaf.org/gala for updates.
Friday, October 12, 2012
Conference on Immigration in conjunction with the National Italian American Bar Association (NIABA) – Georgetown West – Concourse Level, 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
The Victoria J. Mastrobuono Education Luncheon – A presentation of Science and the Economy featuring Accademia Nazionale dei Lince International Ballroom East – Concourse Level, noon to 2 p.m. Cost: $70 per perso
Movie Screening of Passione, a film by John Turturro – The director shares his passion for Naples and its music -Georgetown West – Concourse Level, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m
Conference on Breast Cancer – “Bridging Research and Clinical Medicine,” presented by Sbarro Health Research Organization (SHRO). Georgetown East – 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Wine Tasting: Calabria’s Cuisine and Culture featuring wines and delicacies from Italy’s Region of Calabria. Sample the flavors of NIAF’s 2012 Region of Honor with sommelier and award-winning author. Cost: $20 per person – Jefferson Room – Concourse Level 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday, October 13, 2012
NIAF Philanthropic Roundtable: Italian Americans and Philanthropy In Italy-
A Three-Case Study with continental breakfast – International Ballroom East – Concourse Level, 9 to 11 a.m.
Celebrity Auction Luncheon featuring entertainers and sports figures – International Ballroom Center – Concourse Level, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cost: $75 per person
NIAF- Ieri, Oggi, Domani — A brief history of NIAF and its exciting plans for the future – Georgetown – Concourse Level, 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving and promoting the heritage and culture of Americans of Italian descent. Visit: www.niaf.org
- Bando 2016 relativo al corso di formazione “Origini Italia” organizzato dalla School of Management di Trieste (MIB) e dalla Italian Trade Agency (ICE/ITA), destinato a discendenti di emigrati italiani
- Il ritorno di Barbablù in Italia: eccellente collaborazione tra autorità italiane ed il museo Getty Villa a Malibu
- Washington, Italia e Stati Uniti rinnovano Memorandum d’Intesa per l’imposizione di limitazioni all’importazione di materiale archeologico.
- Co-Owner of G.S. Gelato & Desserts Simona Faroni Receives 2016 Women of the Year Award
- Thanksgiving Message from NIAF’s John Viola