Gianfranco Fini, the President of the Italian Chamber of Deputies visited Washington, DC on March 4-5, 2012. He was accompanied by his spokesperson Fabrizio Alfano, and Alessandro Ruben, a member of the Chamber of Deputies and Chairman of the The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) in italy.
Fini was in Washington at the invitation of the The American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) which held its policy conference in Washington on March 3-5. Fini, who addressed the Conference, also had a brief meeting with President Obama who on March 4 delivered a major policy speech reflecting on the escalating tension in the Middle East, namely between Israel and Iran. Obama told Fini how much he appreciated all that Italy is doing to address the economic crisis and also wanted Fini to deliver his personal regards to President Giorgio Napolitano. Also speaking at the AIPAC conference on March 5, were two Italian Americans: Presidential hopeful, former Senator Rick Santorum, and the Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta. READ MORE
- IV EDIZIONE DELL’ITALIAN FILM FESTIVAL DI VANCOUVER
- “Italia-Usa: cibo, lingua e cultura”: un progetto innovativo per promuovere la lingua italiana
- Ferrari S.p.A. Joins NIAF Efforts to Support Earthquake Victims in Italy
- Cinquantesimo Anniversario dell’Alluvione di Firenze. Protecting Cultural Heritage in an Uncertain Time
- Once Again, Italy Needs Our Help!