The Coccia Foundation and Mr. Lawrence R. Inserra, Jr., have established an annual prize to honor an outstanding teacher of Italian at the K-12 level. The recipient of the national
Coccia-Inserra Award for Excellence and Innovation in the Teaching of Italian (K-12) will receive $2000 for his/her school, to be used to advance its Italian language and culture curriculum. A ‘blue ribbon panel’ of experts has been established to oversee the process and select the award recipients.
The Coccia-Inserra Teaching Award will be presented on October 21st, 2011, during
the “Teaching Italian Symposium/Workshops: The New AP Exam: Formazione di
docenti e discenti,’ the fourth in a series of signature professional
development programs offered by the Coccia Institute for the Italian Experience
in America and MSU’s Department of Spanish and Italian.
The deadline for submission of applications is August 20th, 2011. For a copy of the
award criteria and application form, click on http://chss.montclair.edu/chss_news/article.php?ArticleID=7871&ChannelID=56
To register online for the Teaching Italian Symposium, go to:
For more information about the Coccia-Inserra Teaching Award or the Teaching Italian
Symposium on the new AP Italian exam, please contact Dr. Mary Ann Re, Director
of the Coccia Institute at MSU at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973.655.4038.
- NIAF Mourns the Passing of Founding Member Pino Cicala
- Le perplessità sulla riforma della scuola italiana all’estero
- IV EDIZIONE DELL’ITALIAN FILM FESTIVAL DI VANCOUVER
- “Italia-Usa: cibo, lingua e cultura”: un progetto innovativo per promuovere la lingua italiana
- Ferrari S.p.A. Joins NIAF Efforts to Support Earthquake Victims in Italy